Amanakara – St Pius X Monastery
History & About
St Pius Monastery Amanakara is 3 km away from the Ramapuram Junction in the Ramapuram - Koothattukulam Road. In 1954 Fr Chandy Njavallil CMI, the vicar of the Forane Church of Ramapuram donated a plot of 50 cents of land to St Anne's Monastery, Kurianad for conducting a Sunday School in Amanakara. More land was purchased and the construction of the Monastery began on July 19, 1955 under the leadership of Fr James Pallivathukal CMI, who was generously helped by the local people. Mar Sebastian Vayalil, Bishop of Pala blessed and consecrated the Monastery and Chapel on March 18, 1956. On October 15, 1965 the Amanakara house was elevated to the status of a monastery. The foundation stone of St Pius Industrial Training Centre (ITC) was laid down on December 14, 1978 and was inaugurated on March 29, 1980 by K.M Mani, Honourable Finance Minister of Kerala State. Chavara CMI International ICSE School was started in June 3, 2002 making use of the facilities of the ITC, which was closed down in 2002. Foundation stone for the new school building was laid on September 8, 2006 and was blessed on February 4, 2008.
Residents & Members
Fr James Neendussery CMI
Prior; Financial Administrator, Chavara ICSE School
Fr Deepak Uzhuthuval CMI
Principal, Chavara International ICSE School
Fr Jose Nedumpara CMI
Pastoral Ministry